From the leading publisher of Android books, Apress’ Expert Android gives you advanced techniques for customizing views, controls, and layouts. You’ll learn to develop apps in record time using JSON, Advanced Form Processing, and the BaaS (Backend As A Service) platform Parse. The book also includes extensive coverage on OpenGL, Search, and Telephony. With these advanced and time saving technologies you’ll be able to release compelling mobile applications in Google Play and the Amazon Appstore at a rapid pace.
In Expert Android, you’ll learn to:
- Borrow, reuse, or build custom Android UI components
- Create 3D experiences using OpenGL ES 2.0
- Write collaborative applications in the Parse cloud and communicate with your app user community through Parse Push Technology
- Reduce the time-to-market while creating rock solid apps for multiple devices
Whether you are an individual or enterprise developer, in Expert Android you’ll find the advanced techniques and practices to take your mobile apps to the next level. Regardless of the Android release, this book serves as your definitive, capstone reference for your Apress Android experience.
What you’ll learn
- How to deliver impactful Apps cheaper, better, and faster.
- How to develop for multiple devices and manage fragmentation in Android
- How to use Parse cloud for Storage, Collaborative Social Apps, and Push notifications
- How to create Custom Views, Controls, and Layouts
- How to create 3D experience with OpenGL ES 2.0
- How to achieve speed to market through JSON, Form processing, and Parse
- How to eliminate memory leaks and poor-performing code
Who this book is for
This book is for advanced Android app developers who have read/used Pro Android already by the very same authors that bring you Expert Android.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Exploring Custom Views
Chapter 2. Exploring Compound Controls
Chapter 3. Principles and Practice of Custom Layouts
Chapter 4. JSON for On-Device Persistence
Chapter 5. Programming for Multiple Devices
Chapter 6. Advanced Form Processing
Chapter 7. Using the Telephony APIs
Chapter 8. Advanced Debugging and Analysis
Chapter 9. Programming 3D Graphics with OpenGL
Chapter 10. Introduction to Android Search
Chapter 11. Simple Search Suggestion Provider
Chapter 12. Custom Search Suggestion Provider
Chapter 13. Introduction to Cloud Storage with Parse
Chapter 14. Enhancing Parse with Parcelables
Chapter 15. Exploring Push Notifications with Parse