Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Unleashed is the ultimate guide to designing, deploying, managing, troubleshooting, and supporting any Exchange Server 2010 environment, no matter how large or complex.
Drawing on their extensive experience with hundreds of enterprise Exchange Server environments--including Exchange Server 2010 early adopters--the authors thoroughly cover every stage of the Exchange Server 2010 lifecycle. They present detailed recommendations, proven tips and tricks, and step-by-step techniques for implementation and migration planning, architecture, installation, administration, security, monitoring, integration, availability, optimization, and much more.
Rand Morimoto and his expert colleagues also offer indispensable practical guidance for making the most of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010’s many enhancements--from its improved web access to its enhanced support for Unified Communications and Mobility.
- Use proven best practices to plan your Exchange Server 2010 implementation
- Architect higher-performance, lower-cost enterprise Exchange Server environments
- Maximize the security of your Exchange Server infrastructure, transport, and messages
- Migrate smoothly from Exchange Server 2003/2007 and Active Directory 2000/2003 to Exchange Server 2010 and Active Directory 2008
- Utilize Microsoft Operations Manager to monitor Exchange Server 2010
- Use Windows PowerShell to streamline Exchange Server management
- Integrate other Microsoft technologies, including SharePoint 2007 and Office Communication Server 2007
- Leverage the full capabilities of the Outlook Web App (OWA) client
- Provide robust messaging to non-Windows and non-Outlook systems
- Implement Exchange Server’s powerful new Database Availability Group replication feature
- Back up Exchange Server 2010 environments and recover quickly from a disaster
- Systematically optimize Exchange Server 2010 environments, including storage