Ethereum Smart Contract Development: Build blockchain-based decentralized applications using solidity
Become an Ethereum Blockchain developer using a blend of concepts and hands-on implementations
- Understand the Ethereum Ecosystem and its differences from its rich cousin Bitcoin
- Explore the Solidity programming language and smart contract optimizations
- Get a developer's perspective of Blockchain-as-a-technology with exposure to common challenges faced while building decentralized applications
Ethereum is a public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract functionality. This book is your one-stop guide to blockchain and Ethereum smart contract development.
We start by introducing you to the basics of blockchain. You'll learn about hash functions, Merkle trees, forking, mining, and much more. Then you'll learn about Ethereum and smart contracts, and we'll cover Ethereum virtual machine (EVM) in detail. Next, you'll get acquainted with DApps and DAOs and see how they work. We'll also delve into the mechanisms of advanced smart contracts, taking a practical approach.
You'll also learn how to develop your own cryptocurrency from scratch in order to understand the business behind ICO. Further on, you'll get to know the key concepts of the Solidity programming language, enabling you to build decentralized blockchain-based applications. We'll also look at enterprise use cases, where you'll build a decentralized microblogging site.
What you will learn
- Know how to build your own smart contracts and cryptocurrencies
- Understand the Solidity language
- Find out about data types, control structure, functions, inheritance, mathematical operations, and much more
- See the various types of forks and discover how they are related to Ethereum
- Get to know the various concepts of web3.js and its APIs so you can build client-side apps
- Build a DAO from scratch and acquire basic knowledge of DApps on Ethercast
- Be guided through the project so you can optimize EVM for smart contracts
- Build your own decentralized applications (DApps) by taking a practical approach
Who This Book Is For
If you want to know the ins and outs of the Ethereum network and build your own decentralized applications, then this book is what you need! This book is for anyone who is interested in blockchain and wants to become an Ethereum developer. It's ideal for existing Ethereum developers who want to develop Ethereum using smart contracts. Basic knowledge of cryptography is expected but is not mandatory.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Blockchain Basics
Chapter 2: Grokking Ethereum
Chapter 3: Hello World Of Smart Contracts
Chapter 4: A Noob'S Guide To Dapps And Dao
Chapter 5: Deep-Diving Into Smart Contracts
Chapter 6: Solidity In Depth
Chapter 7: Primer On Web3.Js
Chapter 8: Developing A Cryptocurrency From Scratch
Chapter 9: Enterprise Use Cases
Chapter 10: Baas And The Dark Web Market
Chapter 11: Advanced Topics And The Road Ahead