The second edition of Essentials of Kinesiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant continues to deliver a rich and varied learning experience that is needed to succeed in today’s fast-paced PTA programs. Clear, concise explanations of anatomy and function, full-color illustrations and unique atlas-style chapters make even the most complex concepts easy to master. Plus, a robust lineup of on- and off-line resources, featuring the companion Evolve website, give you all the tools you need to succeed both in the classroom and the clinical setting.
- Layered learning approach provides a solid background in anatomy and function of the musculoskeletal system and explains why material is relevant to the practice of physical therapy.
- Clinical relevance helps you master the basics of human motion before moving on to more complex clinical topics.
- Atlas-style muscle presentations clearly link specific muscles or muscle groups with relevant information.
- Clinical Insight and Considerations boxes link the concepts of kinesiology with their clinical applications.
- Summary boxes and tables pull content together into concise, reader-friendly format.
- Study questions and key terminology serves as a valuable study tool for exam preparation.
- NEW! Full-color design makes content more vivid.
- NEW! Expanded clinical content offers a clearer understanding of structure and function.
- NEW! Video clips and clinical photos provide a clear demonstration of palpation techniques.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Basic Principles of Kinesiology
Chapter 2 Structure and Function of Joints
Chapter 3 Structure and Function of Skeletal Muscle
Chapter 4 Structure and Function of the Shoulder Complex
Chapter 5 Structure and Function of the Elbow and Forearm Complex
Chapter 6 Structure and Function of the Wrist
Chapter 7 Structure and Function of the Hand
Chapter 8 Structure and Function of the Vertebral Column
Chapter 9 Structure and Function of the Hip
Chapter 10 Structure and Function of the Knee
Chapter 11 Structure and Function of the Ankle and Foot
Chapter 12 Fundamentals of Human Gait
Chapter 13 Kinesiology of Mastication and Ventilation