Providing a succinct introduction to the systemization, noise sources, and signal processes of image sensor technology, Essential Principles of Image Sensors discusses image information and its four factors: space, light intensity, wavelength, and time. Featuring clarifying and insightful illustrations, this must-have text:
- Explains how image sensors convert optical image information into image signals
- Treats space, wavelength, and time as digitized built-in coordinate points in image sensors and systems
- Details the operational principles, pixel technology, and evolution of CCD, MOS, and CMOS sensors with updated technology
- Describes sampling theory, presenting unique figures demonstrating the importance of phase
- Explores causes for the decline of image information quality
In a straightforward manner suitable for beginners and experts alike, Essential Principles of Image Sensors covers key topics related to digital imaging including semiconductor physics, component elements necessary for image sensors, silicon as a sensitive material, noises in sensors, and more.