Packed with hundreds of colorful diagrams and photographs, this book provides step-by-step instructions for experiments that show you how electronic components work, advice on choosing and using essential tools, and exciting projects you can build in 30 minutes or less. You'll get charged up as you transform theory into action in chapter after chapter!
- Circuit basics ― learn what voltage is, where current flows (and doesn't flow), and how power is used in a circuit
- Critical components ― discover how resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors control and shape electric current
- Versatile chips ― find out how to use analog and digital integrated circuits to build complex projects with just a few parts
- Analyze circuits ― understand the rules that govern current and voltage and learn how to apply them
- Safety tips ― get a thorough grounding in how to protect yourself―and your electronics―from harm
Electronics For Dummies (9781119675594) was previously published as Electronics For Dummies (9781119117971). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.