- Learn the basics of ElasticSearch like data indexing, analysis, and dynamic mapping
- Query and filter ElasticSearch for more accurate and precise search results.
- Learn how to monitor and manage ElasticSearch clusters and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
ElasticSearch is an open source search server built on Apache Lucene. It was built to provide a scalable search solution with built-in support for near real-time search and multi-tenancy.
Jumping into the world of ElasticSearch by setting up your own custom cluster, this book will show you how to create a fast, scalable, and flexible search solution. By learning the ins-and-outs of data indexing and analysis, "ElasticSearch Server" will start you on your journey to mastering the powerful capabilities of ElasticSearch. With practical chapters covering how to search data, extend your search, and go deep into cluster administration and search analysis, this book is perfect for those new and experienced with search servers.
In "ElasticSearch Server" you will learn how to revolutionize your website or application with faster, more accurate, and flexible search functionality. Starting with chapters on setting up your own ElasticSearch cluster and searching and extending your search parameters you will quickly be able to create a fast, scalable, and completely custom search solution.
Building on your knowledge further you will learn about ElasticSearch's query API and become confident using powerful filtering and faceting capabilities. You will develop practical knowledge on how to make use of ElasticSearch's near real-time capabilities and support for multi-tenancy.
Your journey then concludes with chapters that help you monitor and tune your ElasticSearch cluster as well as advanced topics such as shard allocation, gateway configuration, and the discovery module.
What you will learn from this book
- Configuration and creation of an ElasticSearch Index.
- Using ElasticSearch query DSL to make all kinds of queries.
- Efficient and precise use of filters without loss of performance.
- Implementing the autocomplete functionality
- Highlight data and geographical search information for better results.
- Understand how ElasticSearch returns results and how to validate those results.
- Faceting and "more like this" functionalities to get more from your search and improve your client's search experience.
- Monitor your cluster state and health by using ElasticSearch API as well as third party monitoring solutions.
This book is written in friendly, practical style with numerous hands-on examples and tutorials throughout.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for developers who wish to leverage ElasticSearch to create a fast and flexible search solution. If you are looking to learn ElasticSearch or become more proficient then this book is for you. You do not need know anything about ElasticSeach, Java, or Apache Lucene in order to use this book, though basic knowledge about databases and queries is required.