Dreamweaver CC is a powerful tool for designing all kinds of websites, from those with simple, static pages to interactive, media-driven sites for desktop, laptop, and mobile devices. But the program still doesn’t include a printed guide to its amazing capabilities. That’s where this Missing Manual comes in. With hands-on tutorials and coverage of every feature, you’ll learn to build, deploy, and manage sites whether you’re an experienced designer or just getting started.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Dive into page design. Quickly learn the basics of working with text, images, links, and tables.
- Edit pages in Live view. Dynamically add elements to live pages and immediately see the results.
- Design once, and for all. Build fluid-grid sites that adapt themselves to desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot your HTML. Use the new Element Quick View to reveal the hierarchy of page elements.
- Style with ease. Tap Dreamweaver’s enhanced CSS Designer to copy and paste styles.
- Enhance Dreamweaver. Get new program features with add-ons that integrate directly with Dreamweaver.
- Bring your pages to life. Use jQuery UI to add interactive page elements like tabbed content panels.
- Create universal pages. Avoid browser incompatibility with workarounds.
Table of Contents
Part One: Building a Web Page
Chapter 1: Dreamweaver CC Guided Tour
Chapter 2: Working with Text
Chapter 3: Introducing Cascading Style Sheets
Chapter 4: Links
Chapter 5: Working with Images
Chapter 6: Working with Tables
Chapter 7: Working with HTML
Chapter 8: Finding and Replacing Text, Tags, and Code
Part Two: Building a Better Web Page
Chapter 9: Learning Advanced CSS Techniques
Chapter 10: Choosing a Page Layout
Chapter 11: Troubleshooting CSS
Part Three: Building Websites for Mobile Devices
Chapter 12: Designing Websites for Mobile Devices
Chapter 13: Building Fluid Grid Websites
Chapter 14: Creating Pages for jQuery Mobile Sites
Part Four: Bringing Your Pages to Life
Chapter 15: Building Interactive Pages
Chapter 16: Adding Forms to Pages
Chapter 17: Adding Sound, Video, and Animation
Part Five: Managing a Website
Chapter 18: Introducing Site Management
Chapter 19: Testing Your Site
Chapter 20: Moving Your Site to the Internet
Part Six: Dreamweaver Power
Chapter 21: Creating Reusable Page Elements
Chapter 22: Templates
Chapter 23: Customizing Dreamweaver
Chapter 24: Working with Server-Side Programming
Part Seven: Appendixes
Appendix A: Getting Help
Appendix B: Dreamweaver CC 2014, Menu by Menu