Develop and build your Docker images and deploy your Docker containers securely.
- Learn Docker installation on different types of OS
- Get started with developing Docker images
- Use Docker with your Jenkins CI/CD system
Docker is an open source software platform that helps you with creating, deploying, and running your applications using containers. This book is your ideal introduction to Docker and containerization.
You will explore the Dockerfile and learn how to build your own enterprise-grade Docker images. Then you will learn about Docker networks, Docker swarm, and Docker volumes, and how to use these features with Docker stacks in order to define, deploy, and maintain highly-scalable, fault-tolerant multi-container applications.
Finally, you will learn how to leverage Docker with Jenkins to automate the building of Docker images and the deployment of Docker containers. By the end of this book, you will be well prepared when it comes to using Docker for your next project.
What you will learn
- Set up your Docker workstation on various platforms
- Utilize a number of Docker commands with parameters
- Create Docker images using Dockerfiles
- Learn how to create and use Docker volumes
- Deploy multi-node Docker swarm infrastructure
- Create and use Docker local and remote networks
- Deploy multi-container applications that are HA and FT
- Use Jenkins to build and deploy Docker images
Who this book is for
This guide is for anyone who needs to make a quick decision about using Docker for their next project. It is for developers who want to get started using Docker right away.
Table of Contents
- Setting up a Docker Development Environment
- Learning Docker Commands
- Creating Docker images
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Swarm
- Docker Networking
- Docker Stacks
- Docker and Jenkins