- Learning DevOps, container, and Kubernetes within one book.
- Implementing DevOps using Docker and Kubernetes using Kubernetes as a platform to deploy, scale and run containers.
- A practical approach towards container management and orchestration.
Containerization is said to be the best way to implement DevOps. Google developed Kubernetes that orchestrates containers efficiently and is considered to be as a front runner. Kubernetes is an orchestrator that creates and manages your containers on clusters of servers. This book will guide you from simply deploy a container to administrate a Kubernetes cluster, and then know how to do monitoring, logging and Continuous deployment in real DevOps field.
Initial stages of the book will introduce the fundamental DevOps and container concept. Then it will carry on how to containerize applications and deploy into Kuberentes. The book will then give an introduction about how network in Kubernetes works to make this possible. It will carry on advanced DevOps skill, such as monitoring, logging and continuous deployment in Kubernetes. It will then introduce permission control for Kubernetes resource via attribute-based access control and role-based access control. The final stage of the book will cover deploying and managing your container clusters on popular Public Cloud Amazon Web Service and Google Cloud Platform. At the end, the book will share the view about other orchestration frameworks, such as Docker Swarm mode, Amazon ECS, and Apache Mesos.
What you will learn
- Learn fundamental and advanced DevOps skills and tools
- Get a comprehensive understanding for container
- Learn how to move your application to container world
- Learn how to manipulate your application by Kubernetes
- Learn how to work with Kubernetes in popular public cloud
- Improve time to market with Kubernetes and Continuous Delivery
- Learn how to monitor, log, and troubleshoot your application with Kubernetes
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction To Devops
Chapter 2. Devops With Container
Chapter 3. Getting Started With Kubernetes
Chapter 4. Working With Storage And Resources
Chapter 5. Network And Security
Chapter 6. Monitoring And Logging
Chapter 7. Continuous Delivery
Chapter 8. Cluster Administration
Chapter 9. Kubernetes On Aws
Chapter 10. Kubernetes On Gcp
Chapter 11. What'S Next