DevOps for Salesforce: Build, test, and streamline data pipelines to simplify development in Salesforce
Implement DevOps for Salesforce and explore its features
- Learn DevOps principles and techniques for enterprise operations in Salesforce
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using tools such as Jenkins and Ant script
- Use the Force.com Migration Tool and Git to achieve versioning in Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the top CRM tools used these days, and with its immense functionalities and features, it eases the functioning of an enterprise in various areas of sales, marketing, and finance, among others. Deploying Salesforce applications is a tricky event, and it can get quite taxing for admins and consultants. This book addresses all the problems that you might encounter while trying to deploy your applications and shows you how to resort to DevOps to take these challenges head on.
Beginning with an overview of the development and delivery process of a Salesforce app, DevOps for Salesforce covers various types of sandboxing and helps you understand when to choose which type. You will then see how different it is to deploy with Salesforce as compared to deploying with another app. You will learn how to leverage a migration tool and automate deployment using the latest and most popular tools in the ecosystem. This book explores topics such as version control and DevOps techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and testing. Finally, the book will conclude by showing you how to track bugs in your application changes using monitoring tools and how to quantify your productivity and ROI.
By the end of the book, you will have acquired skills to create, test, and effectively deploy your applications by leveraging the features of DevOps.
What you will learn
- Implement DevOps for Salesforce and understand the benefits it offers
- Abstract the features of Force.com MigrationTool to migrate and retrieve metadata
- Develop your own CI/CD Pipeline for Salesforce project
- Use Qualitia to perform scriptless automation for Continuous Testing
- Track application changes using Bugzilla
- Apply Salesforce best practices to implement DevOps
Who this book is for
If you are a Salesforce developer, consultant, or manager who wants to learn DevOps tools and set up pipelines for small as well as large Salesforce projects, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Salesforce Development and Delivery process
Chapter 2 Applying DevOps to Salesforce Application
Chapter 3 Deployment in Salesforce
Chapter 4 Introduction to Force.com Migration Tool
Chapter 5 Version Control
Chapter 6 Continuous Integration
Chapter 7 Continuous Testing
Chapter 8 Tracking application changes