Early childhood educators around the world use this best seller to plan daily curriculum and classroom activities. The book contains 76 different themes ranging from Ants to Zoo Animals, presented in alphabetical order. Content for each theme includes the following sections: Curriculum Flowchart, Theme Goals, Concepts for Children to Learn, Vocabulary, Bulletin Board Ideas, Sample Parent Letter, Arts and Crafts, Cooking, Dramatic Play, Field Trips, Fingerplays/Chants, Group Time, Science, Math, Sensory, Large Motor, Fine Motor, Social Studies, Books, Recordings and Song Titles, and Technology/Multimedia Resources. The updated book sections for each theme include hundreds of new children's literature references with a special emphasis on multicultural selections. In addition, the new Sixth Edition includes a brand new four-color insert on Using the Digital Camera in the Early Childhood Classroom. The text is accompanied by a companion website that contains important assessment tools, lesson plan forms, rainy day activities, developmental checklists, classroom artifacts, and much more.
Features of This Edition
- The CD in the back of the book has additional content on documentation boards, forms, a parent/family letter for multiple use, developmental forms, and an image library containing bulletin board activity patterns.
- Extended information on diversity (ethnic, gender, and ability or special needs).
- An expanded introduction provides a more comprehensive preface to the book's content.
- The content encourages users to analyze and ask questions.
- A new, 16-page color insert features curriculum development activities.