Learn to use the Sencha Touch programming language and expand your skills by building 10 unique applications
- Learn the Sencha Touch programming language by building real, working applications
- Each chapter focuses on different features and programming approaches; you can decide which is right for you.
- Full of well-explained example code and rich with screenshots.
Everyone has had the perfect idea for a mobile application. Creating Mobile Apps with Sencha Touch 2 can help you bring that idea to life by providing clear examples, in depth explanations, and walking step-by-step building 10 different Sencha Touch mobile applications. You can use these applications as a base for your own applications or leverage your new skills to create something truly unique.
"Creating Mobile Apps with Sencha Touch 2" offers you 10 different applications complete with source code. The applications include a task manager, RSS feed reader, time tracker, charting application, flash cards, cataloguing, social networking, integration with WordPress, a project workbook, and a basic game. The book also covers working with the Sencha Architect, Sencha.io, and compiling applications with Sencha Command.
Learn the Sencha Touch mobile programming language by building 10 different applications. Each application focuses on a different feature of the Sencha Touch language.
Learn to build a range of applications for mobile devices. Take pictures with your application, create a simple game, or even create an application you can sell on the iTunes app store.
"Creating Mobile Apps with Sencha Touch 2" will help you learn by building, helping you create great applications.
What you will learn from this book
- Use Sencha Architect and Sencha Command to give you a head start with your projects.
- Take advantage of cameras, notifications, and other native device features.
- Create charts that will add visual appeal to your applications.
- Tie your applications into other systems like WordPress, RSS feeds, Yelp and others.
- Compile an application you can sell on the iTunes app store.
Full of explained code and enriched with screenshots, this book is the practical way to take your Sencha Touch skills to the next level.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at people who have a basic to intermediate understanding of Sencha Touch. If you understand the basic concepts, but you need to see how it all fits together, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Simple Task List
Chapter 2: A Feed Reader
Chapter 3: Going Command Line
Chapter 4: Weight Weight
Chapter 5: On Deck: Using Sencha.io
Chapter 6: Catalog Application and API
Chapter 7: The Decider: External APIs
Chapter 8: Evolver: Using Profiles
Chapter 9: Workbook: Using the Camera
Chapter 10: Game On