Learn to make practical, unique, real-world sites that span a variety of industries and technologies with the world's most popular mobile development library
- Write less, do more: learn to apply the jQuery motto to quickly craft creative sites that work on any smartphone and even not-so-smart phones
- Learn to leverage HTML5 audio and video, geolocation, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, Reddit, Google maps, content management system, and much more.
- All examples are either in use in the real world or were used as examples to win business across several industries.
Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile reflects the author’s years of experience and exposes every hidden secret which will ease your mobile app development. With just a smattering of design and user experience thrown in, going through this book will allow you to confidently say, “yes, I can do that.”.
We’ll start out with effective mobile prototyping and then move directly to the core of what every one of your mobile sites will need. Then, we’ll move on to the fancy stuff.
"Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile" will take your basic mobile knowledge and help you make versatile, unique sites quickly and easily.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the art of prototyping jQuery Mobile as both design and sales tactics
- Get tips on making jQuery Mobile implementations look more unique
- Integrate with Google’s Analytics, Maps, and Feeds APIs
- Leverage HTML5 video and audio including a jQuery Mobile player interface
- Leverage client-side templating to render API results from Twitter, Reddit, Flickr, and more
- Check and monitor the user’s position with Geolocation
- Auto validate your mobile forms with jQuery Validate on both page-by-page and multi-page views
- Use jQuery Mobile to create a full responsive web design for photographers using Photoswipe
With ample coded examples and screenshots, the book consists of 10 different projects that will help you master jQuery Mobile.
Who this book is written for
"Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile" assumes a base level knowledge of web development. If you’ve used jQuery Mobile before, you’re gold. Otherwise, you can pick it up along the way..
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Prototyping jQuery Mobile
Chapter 2: A Mom-and-Pop Mobile Website
Chapter 3: Analytics, long forms, and frontend validation
Chapter 4: QR Codes, Geolocation, Google Maps API, and HTML5 Video
Chapter 5: Client-side Templating, JSON APIs, and HTML5 Web Storage
Chapter 6: HTML5 Audio
Chapter 7: Fully Responsive Photography
Chapter 8: Integrating jQuery Mobile into Existing Sites
Chapter 9: Content Management Systems and jQM
Chapter 10: Putting It All Together – Flood.FM