By the end of the book, you will have a good knowledge of all the elements needed to manage data from every possible source, from high-end scientific instruments to Arduino boards, from PHP SQL databases queries to simple HTML tables, and from Matlab calculations to reports in Excel.
- Create all kinds of charts using the latest technologies available on browsers
- Full of step-by-step examples, Create Web Charts with D3 introduces you gradually to all aspects of chart development, from the data source to the choice of which solution to apply.
- This book provides a number of tools that can be the starting point for any project requiring graphical representations of data, whether using commercial libraries or your own
What you’ll learn
- Learn the D3 basics.
- Discover which charts can best represent your data.
- Switch from a vision of a chart sent from a server as a static image to a highly dynamic one, in which the user is able to interact in real time.
- Perform input data manipulation to increase chart readability.
Who this book is for
Create Web Charts with D3 is for developers at all levels interested in data visualization, and ready to embrace modern web standards and animate and display their data with powerful, cutting-edge technologies.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Charting Technology Overview
Chapter 2. Working with D3
Chapter 3. Line Charts with D3
Chapter 4. Bar Charts with D3
Chapter 5. Pie Charts with D3
Chapter 6. Candlestick Charts with D3
Chapter 7. Scatterplot and Bubble Charts with D3
Chapter 8. Radar Charts with D3
Chapter 9. Handling Live Data with D3
Chapter 10. Adding Controls to Charts
Chapter 11. Embedding D3 Charts in jQuery Widgets
Chapter 12. JSON and Layouts: Handling Structured Data
Chapter 13. App A: Guidelines for the Examples in the Book