- Learn about Enterprise Architects IT strategy and NFR – this book provides you with methodologies, best practices, and frameworks to ace your interview
- A holistic view of key architectural skills and competencies with 500+ questions that cover 12 domains
- 100+ diagrams depicting scenarios, models, and methodologies designed to help you prepare for your interview
An architect attends multiple interviews for jobs or projects during the course of his or her career. This book is an interview resource created for designers, consultants, technical, solution, domain, enterprise, and chief architects to help them perform well in interview discussions and launch a successful career.
The book begins by providing descriptions of architecture skills and competencies that cover the 12 key domains, including 350+ questions relating to these domains. The goal of this book is to cover all the core architectural domains. From an architect’s perspective, it is impossible to revise or learn about all these key areas without a good reference guide – this book is the solution. It shares experiences, learning, insights, and proven methodologies that will benefit practitioners, SMEs, and aspirants in the long run.
This book will help you tackle the NFR domain, which is a key aspect pertaining to architecting applications.
It typically takes years to understand the core concepts, fundamentals, patterns, and principles related to architecture and designs. This book is a goldmine for the typical questions asked during an interview and will help prepare you for success!
What you will learn
- Learn about IT strategies, NFR, methodologies, best practices, and frameworks to ace your interview
- Get a holistic view of key concepts, design principles, and patterns related to evangelizing web and Java enterprise applications
- Discover interview preparation guidelines through case studies
- Use this as a reference guide for adopting best practices, standards, and design guidelines
- Get a better understanding with 60+ diagrams depicting various scenarios, models, and methodologies
- Benefit from coverage of all architecture domains including EA (Business, Data, Infrastructure, and Application), SA, integration, NFRs, security, and SOA, with extended coverage from IT strategies to the NFR domain
About the Author
Sameer Paradkar is an enterprise architect with 15+ years of solid experience in the ICT industry which spans across consulting, systems integration, and product development. He is an Open Group TOGAF, Oracle Master Java EA, TMForum NGOSS, IBM SOA Solutions, IBM Cloud Solutions, IBM MobileFirst, ITIL Foundation V3 and COBIT 5 certified enterprise architect. He serves as an advisory architect on enterprise architecture programs and continues to work as a subject matter expert. He has worked on multiple architecture transformations and modernization engagements in the USA, UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East Regions that presented a phased roadmap to the transformation that maximized the business value while minimizing risks and costs.
Sameer is part of IT Strategy and Transformation Practice in AtoS. Prior to AtoS, he has worked in organizations such as EY - IT Advisory, IBM GBS, Wipro Consulting Services, TechMahindra, and Infosys Technologies and specializes in IT strategies and enterprise transformation engagements.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Architect Roles and Growth Paths
Chapter 2. IT Strategy and Advisory
Chapter 3. Enterprise Architecture and Modernization
Chapter 4. SOA and Integration
Chapter 5. Solution Architecture and Design
Chapter 6. Emerging Technologies
Chapter 7. Methodologies, Frameworks, and NFRs
Chapter 8. Interview Preparation