For serious programmers, Core Java Essentials is the definitive guide to writing robust, maintainable code. Whether you’re using Java SE 9, 10, or 11, it will help you achieve a deep and practical understanding of the language and API, and its hundreds of realistic examples reveal the most powerful and effective ways to get the job done.
This book reflect Java’s long-awaited modularization, showing how to write code that’s easier to manage and evolve. If you’re an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 9, 10, or 11, there’s no better source for expert insight, solutions, and code.
- Master foundational techniques, idioms, and best practices for writing superior Java code
- Leverage the power of interfaces, lambda expressions, and inner classes
- Harden programs through effective exception handling and debugging
- Write safer, more reusable code with generic programming
- Improve performance and efficiency with Java’s standard collections
- Build cross-platform GUIs with the Swing toolkit
- Fully utilize multicore processors with Java’s improved concurrency