Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals
An end-to-end reference guide to design, deploy, manage, and secure 802.11 wireless networks
As wired networks are increasingly replaced with 802.11n wireless connections, enterprise users are shifting to centralized, next-generation architectures built around Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC). These networks will increasingly run business-critical voice, data, and video applications that once required wired Ethernet.
In Controller-Based Wireless LAN Fundamentals, three senior Cisco wireless experts bring together all the practical and conceptual knowledge professionals need to confidently design, configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot 802.11n networks with Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN) technologies.
The authors first introduce the core principles, components, and advantages of next-generation wireless networks built with Cisco offerings. Drawing on their pioneering experience, the authors present tips, insights, and best practices for network design and implementation as well as detailed configuration examples.
Next, they illuminate key technologies ranging from WLCs to Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP) and Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP), Fixed Mobile Convergence to WiFi Voice. They also show how to take advantage of the CUWN’s end-to-end security, automatic configuration, self-healing, and integrated management capabilities.
This book serves as a practical, hands-on reference for all network administrators, designers, and engineers through the entire project lifecycle, and an authoritative learning tool for new wireless certification programs. This is the only book that
- Fully covers the principles and components of next-generation wireless networks built with Cisco WLCs and Cisco 802.11n AP
- Brings together real-world tips, insights, and best practices for designing and implementing next-generation wireless networks
- Presents start-to-finish configuration examples for common deployment scenarios
- Reflects the extensive first-hand experience of Cisco experts
- Gain an operational and design-level understanding of WLAN Controller (WLC) architectures, related technologies, and the problems they solve
- Understand 802.11n, MIMO, and protocols developed to support WLC architecture
- Use Cisco technologies to enhance wireless network reliability, resilience, and scalability while reducing operating expenses
- Safeguard your assets using Cisco Unified Wireless Network’s advanced security features
- Design wireless networks capable of serving as an enterprise’s primary or only access network and supporting advanced mobility services
- Utilize Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) to plan, deploy, monitor, troubleshoot, and report on wireless networks throughout their lifecycles
- Configure Cisco wireless LANs for multicasting
- Quickly troubleshoot problems with Cisco controller-based wireless LANs
This book is part of the Cisco Press® Fundamentals Series. Books in this series introduce networking professionals to new networking technologies, covering network topologies, sample deployment concepts, protocols, and management techniques.
Covers: Cisco Controller-Based Wireless LANs