- Build reliable and secure applications using Docker containers.
- Create a complete Continuous Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Deliver your applications directly on the Docker Swarm cluster.
- Create more complex solutions using multi-containers and database migrations.
The combination of Docker and Jenkins improves your Continuous Delivery pipeline using fewer resources. It also helps you scale up your builds, automate tasks and speed up Jenkins performance with the benefits of Docker containerization.
This book will explain the advantages of combining Jenkins and Docker to improve the continuous integration and delivery process of app development. It will start with setting up a Docker server and configuring Jenkins on it. It will then provide steps to build applications on Docker files and integrate them with Jenkins using continuous delivery processes such as continuous integration, automated acceptance testing, and configuration management.
Moving on you will learn how to ensure quick application deployment with Docker containers along with scaling Jenkins using Docker Swarm. Next, you will get to know how to deploy applications using Docker images and testing them with Jenkins.
By the end of the book, you will be enhancing the DevOps workflow by integrating the functionalities of Docker and Jenkins.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with docker fundamentals and how to dockerize an application for the Continuous Delivery process
- Configure Jenkins and scale it using Docker-based agents
- Understand the principles and the technical aspects of a successful Continuous Delivery
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introducing Continuous Delivery
Chapter 2: Introducing Docker
Chapter 3: Configuring Jenkins
Chapter 4: Continuous Integration Pipeline
Chapter 5: Automated Acceptance Testing
Chapter 6: Configuration Management with Ansible
Chapter 7: Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Chapter 8: Clustering with Docker Swarm
Chapter 9: Advanced Continuous Delivery