- Learn how to build a full-fledged image processing application using free tools and libraries
- Perform basic to advanced image and video stream processing with OpenCV's Python APIs
- Understand and optimize various features of OpenCV with the help of easy-to-grasp examples
This book is a thorough guide for developers who want to get started with building computer vision applications using Python 3. The book is divided into five sections: The Fundamentals of Image Processing, Applied Computer Vision, Making Applications Smarter,Extending your Capabilities using OpenCV, and Getting Hands on. Throughout this book, three image processing libraries Pillow, Scikit-Image, and OpenCV will be used to implement different computer vision algorithms.
The book aims to equip readers to build Computer Vision applications that are capable of working in real-world scenarios effectively. Some of the applications that we will look at in the book are Optical Character Recognition, Object Tracking and building a Computer Vision as a Service platform that works over the internet.
What you will learn
- Working with open source libraries such Pillow, Scikit-image, and OpenCV
- Writing programs such as edge detection, color processing, image feature extraction, and more
- Implementing feature detection algorithms like LBP and ORB
- Tracking objects using an external camera or a video file
- Optical Character Recognition using Machine Learning.
- Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks to learn patterns in images
- Leveraging Cloud Infrastructure to provide Computer Vision as a Service
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Image Processing
Chapter 2. Filters and Features
Chapter 3. Drilling Deeper into Features - Object Detection
Chapter 4. Segmentation - Understanding Images Better
Chapter 5. Integrating Machine Learning with Computer Vision
Chapter 6. Image Classification Using Neural Networks
Chapter 7. Introduction to Computer Vision using OpenCV
Chapter 8. Object Detection Using OpenCV
Chapter 9. Video Processing Using OpenCV
Chapter 10. Computer Vision as a Service