With plenty of screen prints, photographs and illustrations, this guide explores...
- Windows 10’s new features, menus and utilities
- Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10
- Navigating around Windows 10 using the new start menu
- Using the desktop and running applications
- Using Cortana virtual assistant and Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Using OneDrive
- Backing up your important data with filehistory
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Downloading & watching videos
- Downloading & listening to music
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & People App
- Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Techniques are illustrated step by step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field.
Whether you have just bought your first windows phone, tablet, computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 10, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like an expert.
Table of Contents
- What’s New in Windows 10
- Setting up Windows 10
- Using Windows 10
- Computer Maintenance