PRACTICAL, EXAMPLE-RICH COVERAGE OF:
- Classes, Objects, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism
- Integrated OOP Case Studies: Time, GradeBook, Employee
- Industrial-Strength, 95-Page OOD/UML® 2 ATM Case Study
- Standard Template Library (STL): Containers, Iterators and Algorithms
- I/O, Types, Control Statements, Functions
- Arrays, Vectors, Pointers, References
- String Class, C-Style Strings
- Operator Overloading, Templates
- Exception Handling, Files
- Bit and Character Manipulation
- Boost Libraries and the Future of C++
- GNU™ and Visual C++® Debuggers
- And more…
- For information on Deitel® Dive-Into® Series corporate training courses offered at customer sites worldwide (or write to [email protected])
- Download code examples
- Check out the growing list of programming, Web 2.0 and software-related Resource Centers
- To receive updates for this book, subscribe to the free DEITEL® BUZZ ONLINE e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html
- Read archived issues of the DEITEL® BUZZ ONLINE
The professional programmer’s DEITEL® guide to C++ and object-oriented application development
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the C++ language and C++ Standard Libraries in depth. The book presents the concepts in the context of fully tested programs, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and program outputs. The book features 240 C++ applications with over 15,000 lines of proven C++ code, and hundreds of tips that will help you build robust applications.
Start with an introduction to C++ using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including templates, exception handling, the Standard Template Library (STL) and selected features from the Boost libraries. You’ll enjoy the Deitels’ classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the OOD/UML® 2 ATM case study, including a complete C++ implementation. When you’re finished, you’ll have everything you need to build object-oriented C++ applications.
The DEITEL® Developer Series is designed for practicing programmers. The series presents focused treatments of emerging technologies, including C++, .NET, Java™, web services, Internet and web development and more.
PRE-PUBLICATION REVIEWER TESTIMONIALS
“An excellent ‘objects first’ coverage of C++. The example-driven presentation is enriched by the optional UML case study that contextualizes the material in an ongoing software engineering project.” —Gavin Osborne, Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology
“Introducing the UML early on is a great idea.” —Raymond Stephenson, Microsoft
“Good use of diagrams, especially of the activation call stack and recursive functions.” —Amar Raheja, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
“Terrific discussion of pointers—probably the best I have seen.” —Anne B. Horton, Lockheed Martin
“Great coverage of polymorphism and how the compiler implements polymorphism ‘under the hood.’” —Ed James-Beckham, Borland
“The Boost/C++0x chapter will get you up and running quickly with the memory management and regular expression libraries, plus whet your appetite for new C++ features being standardized.” —Ed Brey, Kohler Co.
“Excellent introduction to the Standard Template Library (STL). The best book on C++ programming!” —Richard Albright, Goldey-Beacom College
“Just when you think you are focused on learning one topic, suddenly you discover you’ve learned more than you expected.” —Chad Willwerth, University of Washington, Tacoma
“The most thorough C++ treatment I’ve seen. Replete with real-world case studies covering the full software development lifecycle. Code examples are extraordinary!” —Terrell Hull, Logicalis Integration Solutions/