- Master array, set and map with trees and graphs, among other fundamental data structures
- Delve into effective design and implementation techniques to meet your software requirements
- Explore illustrations to present data structures and algorithms, as well as their analysis in a clear, visual manner.
Data structures allow organizing data efficiently. They are critical to various problems and their suitable implementation can provide a complete solution that acts like reusable code. In this book, you will learn how to use various data structures while developing in the C# language as well as how to implement some of the most common algorithms used with such data structures.
At the beginning, you will get to know arrays, lists, dictionaries, and sets together with real-world examples of your application. Then, you will learn how to create and use stacks and queues. In the following part of the book, the more complex data structures will be introduced, namely trees and graphs, together with some algorithms for searching the shortest path in a graph. We will also discuss how to organize the code in a manageable, consistent, and extendable way. By the end of the book,you will learn how to build components that are easy to understand, debug, and use in different applications.
What you will learn
- How to use arrays and lists to get better results in complex scenarios
- Implement algorithms like the Tower of Hanoi on stacks of C# objects
- Build enhanced applications by using hashtables, dictionaries and sets
- Make a positive impact on efficiency of applications with tree traversal
- Effectively find the shortest path in the graph
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers who would like to learn the Data Structures and Algorithms in C#. Basic C# programming knowledge would be an added advantage.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Arrays and Lists
- Stacks and Queues
- Dictionaries and Sets
- Variants of Trees
- Exploring Graphs