The professional programmer’s Deitel® guide to C# 6 and object-oriented development for Windows®
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, C# 6 for Programmers applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores Microsoft’s C# 6 and .NET in depth. Concepts are presented in the context of 170+ fully coded and tested apps, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs, program outputs and hundreds of savvy software-development tips.
Start with an introduction to C# using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including LINQ, asynchronous programming with async and await and more. You’ll enjoy the treatment of object-oriented programming and an object-oriented design/UML® ATM case study, including a complete C# implementation. When you’ve mastered the book, you’ll be ready to start building industrial-strength, object-oriented C# apps.
Paul Deitel and Harvey Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized programming languages authoring and corporate training organization. Millions of people worldwide have used Deitel textbooks, professional books, LiveLessons™ video products, e-books, resource centers and REVEL™ interactive multimedia courses with integrated labs and assessment to master major programming languages and platforms, including C#, C++, C, Java™, Android™ app development, iOS app development, Swift™, Visual Basic®, Python™ and Internet and web programming.
- Use with Windows® 7, 8 or 10.
- Integrated coverage of new C# 6 functionality: string interpolation, expression-bodied methods and properties, auto-implemented property initializers, getter-only properties, nameof, null-conditional operator, exception filters and more.
- Entertaining and challenging code examples.
- Deep treatment of classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
- Generics, LINQ and generic collections; PLINQ (Parallel LINQ) for multicore performance.
- Asynchronous programming with async and await; functional programming with lambdas, delegates and immutability.
- Files; relational database with LINQ to Entities.
- Object-oriented design ATM case study with full code implementation.
- Emphasis on performance and software engineering principles.
- Download code examples
- For Deitel’s programming training courses, www.deitel.com/training or write to [email protected]
- Join the Deitel social networking communities:
- Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan
- Twitter® at twitter.com/deitel
- LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn
- YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan
- Subscribe to the Deitel® Buzz e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Introduction to Visual Studio and Visual Programming
Chapter 3 Introduction to C# App Programming
Chapter 4 Introduction to Classes, Objects, Methods and strings
Chapter 5 Control Statements: Part 1
Chapter 6 Control Statements: Part 2
Chapter 7 Methods: A Deeper Look
Chapter 8 Arrays; Introduction to Exception Handling
Chapter 9 Introduction to LINQ and the List Collection
Chapter 10 Classes and Objects: A Deeper Look
Chapter 11 Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance
Chapter 12 OOP: Polymorphism and Interfaces
Chapter 13 Exception Handling: A Deeper Look
Chapter 14 Graphical User Interfaces with Windows Forms: Part 1
Chapter 15 Graphical User Interfaces with Windows Forms: Part 2
Chapter 16 Strings and Characters: A Deeper Look
Chapter 17 Files and Streams
Chapter 18 Generics
Chapter 19 Generic Collections; Functional Programming with LINQ/PLINQ
Chapter 20 Databases and LINQ
Chapter 21 Asynchronous Programming with async and await
Appendix A: Operator Precedence Chart
Appendix B: Simple Types
Appendix C: ASCII Character Set