- Understand the basics of form component composition
- Scale and integrate your forms with libraries such as Vuex and Vuelidate
- Convert any form into a self-generated schema-driven app
Almost every web application and site out there handles user input in one way or another, from registration forms and log-in handling to registration and landing pages. Building Forms with Vue.js follows a step-by-step approach to help you create an efficient user interface (UI) and seamless user experience (UX) by building quick and easy-to-use forms.
You'll get off to a steady start by setting up the demo project. Next, you'll get to grips with component composition from creating reusable form components through to implementing the custom input components. To further help you develop a convenient user input experience, the book will show you how to enhance custom inputs with v-mask. As you progress, you'll get up to speed with using Vuelidate and Vuex to effectively integrate your forms. You'll learn how to create forms that use global state, reactive instant user input validation and input masking, along with ensuring that they are completely schema-driven and connected to your application's API. Every chapter builds on the concepts learned in the previous chapter, while also allowing you to skip ahead to the topics you're most interested in.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the skills you need to transform even the simplest form into a crafted user and developer experience with Vue.
What you will learn
- Learn all about the basics of creating reusable form components with the Vue framework
- Understand v-model and how it plays a role in form creation
- Create forms that are completely powered and generated by a schema, either locally or from an API endpoint
- Understand how Vuelidate allows for easy declarative validation of all your form's inputs with Vue's reactivity system
- Connect your application with a Vuex-powered global state management
- Use the v-mask library to enhance your inputs and improve user experience (UX)
Who this book is for
If you are a developer with basic Vue experience who wants to enhance your forms, then this book is for you. No previous experience with any of the libraries used in the book is required.
Table of Contents
- Setting up the Demo Project
- A Form in its Simplest Form
- Creating Reusable Form Components
- Input Masks with v-mask
- Input Validation with Vuelidate
- Moving to a Global State with Vuex
- Creating Schema-Driven Forms