About This Book
- This book provides a core foundation for you to understand the ever-changing Microsoft Power BI
- Through this book, you'll understand how data flows and is secured between Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Excel
- You'll see how to create amazing dashboards using various tools such as Excel 2016, Power BI, Jet Express, and more
Who This Book Is For
This book is geared up for analysts and accountants keen on building and maintaining professional dashboards with Microsoft Excel 2016 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 data, and building financials with visuals using the New Jet Reports Express Tool for Dynamics GP. An introduction is provided for those who want to maintain dashboards in Microsoft Power BI.
What You Will Learn
- Use GP Data in Excel 2016 in a meaningful way
- Build basic financial statements using Jet Reporting Express, including visualizations
- Understand the foundation of Power BI and its components
- Get and maintain data from Dynamics GP in Power BI
- Find out how to use the Power BI Query Editor (the Get and Transform feature in Excel 2016)
- Format basic visualizations to get better insights
- Understand Jet Reports Express, which is used to create basic financial statements
- Use the new Dynamics GP features, such as OData and adding Power BI tiles on the home page
Microsoft Dynamics GP is a complete ERP solution that is extremely beneficial for small to midsize organizations in helping them grow exponentially.
The book shows you in detail how to build great-looking dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP that enhance a company's decision-making processes.
This guide will take you from the basics of setting up and deploying to creating secure, refreshable Excel reports. Using a whole host of tools available within Microsoft Dynamics GP and Excel, this tutorial will show you how to visualize your data using simple conditional formatting techniques and easy-to-read charts, and allow you to make your data interactive with slicers.
We will also cover core topics such as Business Analyzer, Microsoft SQL Reporting services reports, BI360, and more. You will find out to use Power BI, share and refresh data and dashboards in Power BI, and use Power BI Query Editor.
By the end of this book, you will have all the information required to build interactive dashboards using Dynamics GP.
Style and approach
The book takes a step-by-step approach and contains real-world examples that provide the building blocks to create engaging dashboards. This practical guide is all about doing. Get your data, open up Excel, and go!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Data from Dynamics GP 2016 to Excel 2016
Chapter 2. The Ultimate GP to Excel Tool – Refreshable Excel Reports
Chapter 3. Pivot Tables – The Basic Building Blocks
Chapter 4. Making Your Data Visually Appealing and Meaningful with Formatting, Conditional Formatting, and Charts
Chapter 5. Drilling Back to the Source Data and Other Cool Stuff
Chapter 6. Introducing Jet Reports Express
Chapter 7. Building Financial Reports in Jet Express for GP
Chapter 8. Introducing Microsoft Power BI
Chapter 9. Getting Data in Power BI
Chapter 10. Creating Power BI Visuals
Chapter 11. Using the Power BI Service
Chapter 12. Sharing and Refreshing Data and Dashboards in Power BI
Chapter 13. Using the Power Query Editor
Chapter 14. Bonus Chapter