Become efficient in both frontend and backend web development with Spring and Vue
- Connect application's frontend and backend with Vue, Vuex, and Spring Boot
- Leverage the latest web standards to enhance code performance, readability, and cross-compatibility
- Build secure full-stack web applications with Spring Security
Building Applications with Spring 5 and Vue.js 2, with its practical approach, helps you become a full-stack web developer. As well as knowing how to write frontend and backend code, a developer has to tackle all problems encountered in the application development life cycle – starting from the simple idea of an application, to the UI and technical designs, and all the way to implementation, testing, production deployment, and monitoring.
With the help of this book, you'll get to grips with Spring 5 and Vue.js 2 as you learn how to develop a web application. From the initial structuring to full deployment, you'll be guided at every step of developing a web application from scratch with Vue.js 2 and Spring 5. You'll learn how to create different components of your application as you progress through each chapter, followed by exploring different tools in these frameworks to expedite your development cycle.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained a complete understanding of the key design patterns and best practices that underpin professional full-stack web development.
What you will learn
- Analyze requirements and design data models
- Develop a single-page application using Vue.js 2 and Spring 5
- Practice concept, logical, and physical data modeling
- Design, implement, secure, and test RESTful API
- Add test cases to improve reliability of an application
- Monitor and deploy your application to production
Who this book is for
Building Applications with Spring 5.0 and Vue.js 2.0 is for you if you are developer who is new to Vue.js or Spring. It is assumed that you have some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java.
Table of Contents
- Modern Web Application Development: This is a new era
- Vue.js 2 - It Works in the Way You Expected
- Spring 5 - The Right Stack for the Job at Hand
- TaskAgile: A Trello-like task management tool
- Data Modeling: Design the foundation of the application
- Code Design: Design for stability and extensibility
- RESTful API Design: Build the language between front-end and back-end
- Creating Application Scaffold: Take off like a rocket
- Form and Validation: Create the User module
- Spring Security: Make our application secure
- State management and i18n: Building home page
- Components Communication and Real-Time Update: Build the Board module
- File Processing and Scalability: Write the Card module
- Scaling The System: Scale it from architecture level
- Performance Tuning: Faster, faster, and faster