Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Manage your own robust, inexpensive cybersecurity testing environment
This hands-on guide shows clearly how to administer an effective cybersecurity testing lab using affordable technologies and cloud resources. Build Your Own Cybersecurity Testing Lab: Low-cost Solutions for Testing in Virtual and Cloud-based Environments fully explains multiple techniques for developing lab systems, including the use of Infrastructure-as-Code, meaning you can write programs to create your labs quickly, without manual steps that could lead to costly and frustrating mistakes. Written by a seasoned IT security professional and academic, this book offers complete coverage of cloud and virtual environments as well as physical networks and automation. Included with the book is access to videos that demystify difficult concepts.
Inside, you will discover how to:
- Gather network requirements and build your cybersecurity testing lab
- Set up virtual machines and physical systems from inexpensive components
- Select and configure the necessary operating systems
- Efficiently isolate subnets with physical switches, routers, and VLANs
- Gain remote access through SSH, RDP, and other remote access protocols
- Analyze the vulnerabilities and challenges of cloud-based infrastructures
- Handle implementation of systems on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Engine
- Maximize consistency and repeatability using the latest automation tools