A practical blockchain handbook designed to take you through implementing and re-engineering banking and financial solutions and workflows using eight step-by-step projects
- Implement various end-to-end blockchain projects and learn to enhance present-day financial solutions
- Use Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Stellar to build public and private decentralized applications
- Address complex challenges faced in the BFSI domain using different blockchain platform services
Blockchain technology will continue to play an integral role in the banking and finance sector in the coming years. It will enable enterprises to build transparent and secure business processes. Experts estimate annual savings of up to 20 billion dollars from this technology. This book will help you build financial apps using blockchain, guiding you through enhancing popular products and services in the banking and finance sector.
The book starts by explaining the essential concepts of blockchain, and the impact of blockchain technology on the BFSI sector. Next, you'll delve into re-designing existing banking processes and building new financial apps using blockchain. To accomplish this, you'll work through eight blockchain projects. By demonstrating the entire process, the book helps you understand everything from setting up the environment and building frontend portals to system integration and testing apps. You will gain hands-on experience with the Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, and Stellar to develop private and public decentralized apps. Finally, you'll learn how to use ancillary platforms and frameworks such as IPFS, Truffle OpenZeppelin, and MetaMask.
By the end of this blockchain book, you'll have an in-depth understanding of how to leverage distributed ledgers and smart contracts for financial use cases.
What you will learn
- Design and implement blockchain solutions in a BFSI organization
- Explore common architectures and implementation models for enterprise blockchain
- Design blockchain wallets for multi-purpose applications using Ethereum
- Build secure and fast decentralized trading ecosystems with Blockchain
- Implement smart contracts to build secure process workflows in Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric
- Use the Stellar platform to build KYC and AML-compliant remittance workflows
- Map complex business workflows and automate backend processes in a blockchain architecture
Who this book is for
This book is for blockchain and Dapps developers, or anyone looking for a guide to building innovative and highly secure solutions in the fintech domain using real-world use cases. Developers working in financial enterprises and banks, and solution architects looking to build brand new process flows using blockchain technology will also find the book useful. Experience with Solidity programming and prior knowledge of finance and trade are required to get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Blockchain in Financial Services
- Building a Blockchain Wallet for Fungible and Non Fungible Assets
- Designing a payment gateway for online merchants
- Corporate remittances and settlement
- Enabling cross-border remittances with real time KYC/AML verification
- Building a Letter of Credit workflow module using Smart Contracts
- Building a Tamper-Proof Document Storage System
- Building a decentralized trade matching engine on blockchain
- Developing a currency swap exchange for market making
- Looking into the future
- Appendix: Application Checklist