Learn how to get the most out of your camera's automatic and semi-automatic exposure modes, as well as how to move beyond those modes and take full, manual control of your camera. Watch your photography improve as you discover how to apply important photographic principles, such as depth of field, white balance, and metering. With this new found knowledge you'll move beyond point-and-shoot and begin taking truly great photographs.
Other topics include:
- Camera types and categories
- Choosing a camera system: DSLR vs. ILC
- Lens types, focal length, angle of view, and filters
- Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO sensitivity
- Controlling exposure, depth of field, and subject motion
- Using scene, auto, semi-auto, and manual exposure modes
- Understanding image formats: JPEG, TIFF, and RAW
- Using the powerful histogram for better pictures
- White balance, color space, and RGB bit-depth
- And much more!