- Use jQuery’s powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery’s capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
What you’ll learn
- Learn why jQuery is so popular and how to get started.
- Use jQuery’s powerful manipulation tools to dynamically update your website’s content.
- Animate content and build your own image slider with jQuery’s animation tools.
- Extend the library by writing your own custom plug-ins.
- Avoid common beginner errors, and learn how to use best practices.
- Use plug-ins created by others in the community and integrate them into your website.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- The Basics of jQuery
- DOM Traversal with jQuery
- DOM Manipulation with jQuery
- An Introduction to Events
- Advanced Events
- Ajax with jQuery
- Writing a jQuery Plug-in
- Advanced jQuery Plug-ins
- Writing a Slider Plug-in