Learn to make a beat ‘em up game!
The Beat ‘Em Up Game Starter Kit is designed to make learning how to create beat-em-up games easy, fast and fun!
Heres what you get:
- Full source code for the complete space game
- Tutorials explaining how to make the game step-by-step from scratch!
- Art and music assets that you can reuse in your own projects
- Up-to-date PDF: fully compatible with iOS 7 and Sprite Kit.
The Beat ’Em Up Game Starter Kit covers:
- Multiple attacks: Learn how to implement punching, combo punches, jump punches, running kicks and more.
- Hit circles: Learn how to add hit circles to your sprites for collision detection that synchronizes with animation frames.
- Procedurally colored sprites: Learn how to recolor each part of your sprites dynamically.
- Weapons: Learn how to implement equippable weapons – like power gauntlets.
- Battle Events: Learn how to add battle events into your levels, spawn monsters, stage boss fights and more.
Benefits to You:
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced iOS developer, these iOS Game Starter Kits will give you some great benefits, such as:
- Full source code you can study and learn from.
- Code, art, music and more that you can reuse.
- Save many hours of development time (hence a lot of money!) by using these games as a starting point.
- Learn a ton of tips and tricks you might not have come across before.
- Give back to this site, making future tutorials, forum support and Starter Kits possible. :]
- Have a fun and relaxing time going through the step-by-step tutorials, learning along the way.
- Show off the games you made to your friends and family – they’ll think you’re an Xcode master!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Walk This Way
Chapter 3: Running, Jumping, and Punching
Chapter 4: Bring On the Droids
Chapter 5: Brainy Bots
Chapter 6: Power Attacks
Chapter 7: The Droids Strike Back
Chapter 8: Final Encounter