AutoCAD MEP 2018 for Designers book is written to help the readers effectively use the designing and drafting tools of AutoCAD MEP 2018. This book provides detailed description of the tools that are commonly used in designing HVAC system, piping system, and plumbing system as well as in designing the electrical layout of a building. The AutoCAD MEP 2018 for Designers book further elaborates on the procedure of generating the schematic drawings of a system, which are used for schematic representation of a system.
Special emphasis has been laid on the introduction of concepts, which have been explained using text, along with graphical examples. The examples and tutorials used in this book ensure that the users can relate the information provided in this textbook with the practical industry designs.
Following are the additional features of this book:
- Consists of 9 chapters and 2 real-world projects that are organized in pedagogical sequence.
- The author has followed the tutorial approach to explain various concepts of AutoCAD MEP 2018.
- Detailed explanation of AutoCAD MEP 2018 commands and tools.
- The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that are covered in it.
- Consists of hundreds of illustrations and a comprehensive coverage of AutoCAD MEP 2018 concepts and techniques.
- Step-by-step instructions that guide the users through the learning process.
- More than 10 real-world mechanical engineering designs as tutorials and projects.
- Additional information is provided throughout the book in the form of notes and tips.
- Self-Evaluation Tests and Review Questions at the end of each chapter so that the users can assess their knowledge.
- Technical support by contacting [email protected]
- Additional learning resources at http://allaboutcadcam.blogspot.com
About the Authors
CADCIM Technologies, Prof. Sham Tickoo of Purdue University Northwest, and the team of dedicated contributing authors at CADCIM Technologies are committed to bring you the best textbooks and free teaching and learning resources on Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Computer Programming and Applications, GIS, Civil, Animation and Visual Effects, and related technologies. We strive to be the first and the best. That is our promise and our goal.
Our team of authors consists of highly qualified and experienced animation and visual effects artists who have a strong academic and industrial background. They understand the needs of the students, the faculty, and the challenges the students face when they start working in industry. All our books have been structured in a way that facilitates teaching and learning, and also exposes students to real-world applications. The textbooks, apart from providing comprehensive study material, are well appreciated for the simplicity of content, clarity of style, and the in-depth coverage of the subject.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to AutoCAD MEP
Chapter 2: Getting Started with AutoCAD MEP
Chapter 3: Working with Architecture Workspace
Chapter 4: Creating an HVAC System
Chapter 5: Creating Piping System
Chapter 6: Creating Plumbing System
Chapter 7: Creating Electrical System Layout
Chapter 8: Representation and Schedules
Chapter 9: Working with Schematics
Project 1: Creating Complete System of a Forging Plant
Project 2: Creating Complete Commercial Office Building
- Title: AutoCAD MEP 2018 for Designers, 4th Edition
- Author: Prof. Sham Tickoo Purdue Univ. and CADCIM Technologies
- Length: 917 pages
- Edition: 4
- Language: English
- Publisher: CADCIM Technologies
- Publication Date: 2017-08-20
- ISBN-10: B074ZRWRMX