Want to learn how to build ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC Web Applications?
- C# (Intermediate level)
- HTML5/CSS3 (Basic knowledge)
This book is primarily aimed at developers who want to learn how to build ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC Applications. You should be an intermediate level C# developer with some experience in HTML5 and CSS3. The book presupposes that you have a solid C# foundation since the language won't be explained in any detail.
You will learn ASP.NET Core 1.1 by building two MVC applications. The first application will be built using an empty template. The goal is to get you familiar with ASP.NET Core 1.1 by adding middleware and services one piece at a time, building a basic application. Then you will build a second MVC application using a template that already contains support for MVC, Entity Framework Core, and user authentication. This application is a video course website, where users can register to gain access to video courses.
If you are already familiar with MVC 5, the content in this book can get you started with ASP.NET Core 1.1 in a fast, no-fluff way.
It's important to mention that this book is practical and tactical, where you will learn as you progress through the modules and build real web applications in the process. To spare you countless pages of fluff (filler material), only valuable information, pertinent to the task at hand, is discussed. The benefit is a shorter and more condensed book, which will save you time and give you a more enjoyable experience.
The goal is to learn ASP.NET Core 1.1 by building two web applications, one from scratch and one from an existing template. This experience is something you can put in your CV when applying for a job or a consultant position, or when negotiating a higher salary.
Technologies, frameworks and languages you will use:
- ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC (The framework that you will use)
- Services (To provide you own functionality as a reusable service)
- Middleware (To provide you own functionality to HTTP Request pipeline)
- Entity Framework (To crate and communicate with a database)
- View Component (To render data in the _Layout view with model data)
- Razor syntax (To include server-side code in views)
- Bootstrap (Used for styling and to create a responsive design)
- LINQ (To query the database)
- Dependency Injection (To inject objects into constructors)
- Tag Helper (to clean up the HTML and enable re-use)
- HTML Helper methods (to clean up your HTML and enable re-use)
- Bower/NuGet (To install necessary front-end/back-end libraries)
What you will implement:
- Implement a web application from an empty template.
- Implement a web application from an existing template.
- Create a "real world" code-first database using Entity Framework Core.
- Add and modify models, views and controllers to perform CRUD operations against the database.
- Use client-side and server-side validation.
- Secure the controllers, actions and view content with authorization and roles.
- Styling HTML with CSS and Bootstrap.
- Create a responsive website.
- Register users with the site.
- Manage users and their video courses.
I hope you love the book!
Now click the Buy button and start reading the book.
Table of Contents
Part 1: ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC Your First Application
Chapter 1. Your First Asp.Net Core Application
Chapter 2. Middleware
Chapter 3. Mvc Controllers
Chapter 4. Models
Chapter 5. Entity Framework
Chapter 6. Razor Views
Chapter 7. Forms Authentication
Chapter 8. Front-End Frameworks
Part 2: ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC How to Build a Video Course Website
Chapter 9. The Use Case
Chapter 10. Setting Up The Solution
Chapter 11. Login
Chapter 12. Register User
Chapter 13. Modifying The Navigation Bar
Chapter 14. Data Transfer Objects
Chapter 15. Entity Classes
Chapter 16. Mock Data Repository
Chapter 17. The Membership Controller And Automapper
Chapter 18. The Dashboard View
Chapter 19. The Course View
Chapter 20. The Video View
Chapter 21. Sql Data Repository
Chapter 22. The Admin Menu
Chapter 23. Controllers And Views
Chapter 24. The Usercourse Controller
Chapter 25. Custom Tag Helper
- Title: ASP.NET Core 1.1 For Beginners: How to Build a MVC Website
- Author: Jonas Fagerberg
- Length: 411 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publication Date: 2017-05-19
- ISBN-10: B071VX7KN4