- Perform GIS analysis faster by automating tasks.
- Access the spatial data contained within shapefiles and geodatabases and transform between spatial reference systems.
- Automate the mapping of geospatial analyses and produce map books.
ArcGIS allows for complex analyses of geographic information. The ArcPy module is used to script these ArcGIS analyses, providing a productive way to perform geo-analyses and automate map production.
The second edition book focuses on new offerings by ArcGIS online and automation module. Using Python, this book will guide you from basic Python scripting to advanced ArcPy script tools.
This book starts off with setting up your Python environment for ArcGIS automation. Then you will learn how to output maps using ArcPy in MXD and update feature class in a geodatabase using arcpy and ArcGIS Online. Next, you will be introduced to ArcREST library followed by examples on querying, updating and manipulating ArcGIS Online feature services. Further, you will be enabling your scripts in the browser and directly interacting with ArcGIS Online using Jupyter notebook. Finally, you can learn ways to use of ArcPy to control ArcGIS Enterprise and explore topics on deployments, data quality assurances, data updates, version control, and editing safeguards.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped with the knowledge required to create automated analysis with administration reducing the time-consuming nature of GIS.
What you will learn
- Understand how to integrate Python into ArcGIS and make GIS analysis faster and easier.
- Create Python script using ArcGIS ModelBuilder.
- Learn to use ArcGIS online feature services
- Understand changes to mapping module mp using arcpy with ArcPro
- Learn ArcGIS Python API modules gis, viz, lyr and tools modules
- Learn to control ArchGIS Enterprise using ArcPy
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Python for ArcGIS
Chapter 2. Creating the First Python Script
Chapter 3. ArcPy Cursors - Search, Insert, and Update
Chapter 4. ArcPy Geometry Objects and Cursors
Chapter 5. Creating a Script Tool
Chapter 6. The arcpy.mapping Module
Chapter 7. Advanced Analysis Topics
Chapter 8. Introduction to ArcGIS Online
Chapter 9. ArcPy and ArcGIS Online
Chapter 10. ArcREST Python Package
Chapter 11. ArcPy and ArcGIS Pro
Chapter 12. ArcGIS API for Python