The landmark textbook on the theoretical and practical applications of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics―now fully updated.
- Explains how to detect clinical pharmacokinetic problems and apply basic pharmacokinetic principles to solve them
- Helps you critically evaluate biopharmaceutic studies involving drug product equivalency and unequivalency
- Chapters have been revised to reflect the latest clinical perspectives on drug performance, bioavailability, bioequivalence, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug therapy
The field’s leading text for more than three decades, Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics gets you up to speed on the basics of the discipline like no other resource. Practical problems and clinical examples with discussions are integrated within each chapter to help you apply principles to patient care and drug consultation situations. In addition, outstanding pedagogy, including chapter objectives, chapter summaries, and FAQs, plus additional application questions, identify and focus on key concepts.
Written by authors who have both academic and clinical experience, Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics shows you how to use raw data and formulate the pharmacokinetic models and parameters that best describe the process of drug absorption, distribution, and elimination. The book also helps you work with pharmacokinetic and biopharmaceutic parameters to design and evaluate dosage regimens of drugs. In the seventh edition of this must-have interactive learning tool, most of the chapters are updated to reflect our current understanding of complex issues associated with safe and efficacious drug therapy.
- Title: Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, 7th Edition
- Length: 928 pages
- Edition: 7
- Language: English
- Publication Date: 2015-08-28
- ISBN-10: 0071830936
- ISBN-13: 9780071830935