- Build a solid foundation in Qt by learning about its core classes, multithreading, File I/O, and networking
- Learn GUI programming and build custom interfaces using Qt Widgets, Qt Designer, and QML
- Use the latest features of C++17 for improving the performance of your Qt applications
Qt is a powerful development framework that serves as a complete toolset for building cross-platform applications, helping you reduce development time and improve productivity. Completely revised and updated to cover C++17 and the latest developments in Qt 5.12, this comprehensive guide is the third edition of Application Development with Qt Creator.
You'll start by designing a user interface using Qt Designer and learn how to instantiate custom messages, forms, and dialogues. You'll then understand Qt's support for multithreading, a key tool for making applications responsive, and the use of Qt's Model-View-Controller (MVC) to display data and content. As you advance, you'll learn to draw images on screen using Graphics View Framework and create custom widgets that interoperate with Qt Widgets. This Qt programming book takes you through Qt Creator's latest features, such as Qt Quick Controls 2, enhanced CMake support, a new graphical editor for SCXML, and a model editor. You'll even work with multimedia and sensors using Qt Quick, and finally develop applications for mobile, IoT, and embedded devices using Qt Creator.
By the end of this Qt book, you'll be able to create your own cross-platform applications from scratch using Qt Creator and the C++ programming language.
What you will learn
- Create programs from scratch using the Qt framework and C++ language
- Compile and debug your Qt Quick and C++ applications using Qt Creator
- Implement map view with your Qt application and display device location on the map
- Understand how to call Android and iOS native functions from Qt C++ code
- Localize your application with Qt Linguist
- Explore various Qt Quick components that provide access to audio and video playbacks
- Develop GUI applications using both Qt and Qt Quick
Who this book is for
If you are a beginner looking to harness the power of Qt and the Qt Creator framework for cross-platform development, this book is for you. Although no prior knowledge of Qt and Qt Creator is required, basic knowledge of C++ programming is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Qt Creator
- Building Applications with Qt Creator
- Designing Your Application with Qt Designer
- Qt Foundations
- Developing Applications with Qt Widgets
- Drawing with Qt
- Doing More with Qt Quick
- Implementing Multimedia with Qt Quick
- Sensors and Qt Quick
- Localizing Your Application with Qt Linguist
- Optimizing Performance with Qt Creator
- Developing Mobile Applications with Qt Creator
- Embedded and IoT Development with Qt Creator
- Qt Tips and Tricks