Designed for video-production professionals, Final Cut Server sets the standard for intuitive media asset management, making it easy to manage large collections of media files efficiently. In this Apple-authorized reference guide, system integrator Drew Tucker takes you on a comprehensive tour of the software, covering everything from tools for tracking, reviewing, and approving jobs to automating complex sequences of tasks in a busy post environment. Along the way, Tucker shares essential workflows that will shave hours from your post-production jobs. You’ll learn techniques for searching, cataloging, and finding the right asset quickly, as well as how to handle large quantities of real-time HD video, audio, and still image assets in a fast-paced production environment. Administrators will find a comprehensive overview of how to set up and configure this powerful collaboration tool, how to customize it to serve individual sites, and how to automate workflows and manage storage locations, users, and groups. The guide provides comprehensive coverage of the new features in Final Cut Server 1.5 including a robust edit proxy workflow, support for still sequences and production hierarchies.
- DVD-ROM includes lesson and media files
- Focused lessons take you step by step through real-world projects
- Accessible writing style puts expert instructors at your side
- Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast
- Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
- Chapter review questions summarize what you’ve learned and help you prepare for the Apple Pro certification exam