- First look to the Angular 2 Components architecture
- Creating your own Angular 2 Component
- Integrating your components with third party components
This book is a concise guide to Angular 2 Components and is based on the stable version of Angular 2. You will start with learning about the Angular 2 Components architecture and how components differ from Angular directives in Angular 1. You will then move on to quickly set up an Angular 2 development environment and grasp the basics of TypeScript. With this strong foundation in place, you will start building components.
The book will teach you, with an example, how to define component behavior, create component templates, and use the controller of your component. You will also learn how to make your components communicate with each other. Once you have built a component, you will learn how to extend it by integrating third-party components with it. By the end of the book, you will be confident with building and using components for your applications.
What you will learn
- Break your application into reusable dynamic components
- Take advantage of TypeScript in Angular 2
- Migrate your Angular 1 directive to an Angular 2 Component
- Understand the Angular 2 component structure and APIs
- Hook to component life cycle events
- Bind dynamic data to your component properties
- Communicate with other components using events
- Compose complicated UIs from simple components
About the Author
Nir runs three local Angular community meetup groups in Israel. He also collaborates with other local Angular communities around the world.
He also enjoys writing articles to promote and explain Angular 2's specific features on his blog (https://medium.com/@ttemplier/) and on the Restlet blog (http://restlet.com/blog/author/thierry-templier/).
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Angular 2 Component Architecture
Chapter 2. Setting Up an Angular 2 Development Environment with angular-cli
Chapter 3. The TypeScript Primer
Chapter 4. Building a Basic Component
Chapter 5. Building Dynamic Components
Chapter 6. Component Communication
Chapter 7. Putting It All Together
Chapter 8. Integrating Third-Party Components
Chapter 9. Angular 2 Directives