Android Fragments is a 100-page quick start accelerated guide to learning and quickly using Android fragments. You'll learn how to code for fragments; deal with config changes; code for regular vs. fragmented dialogs; work with preferences and saving state; work with the compatibility library; and handle advanced async tasks and progress dialogs.
After reading and using this book, which is based on material from the best-selling Pro Android, you'll be an Android UI savant. At the very least, your apps' user interfaces and event handling will be more competitive and better performing, especially for tablet-optimized UIs and events.
What you’ll learn
- What are Android fragments
- How to work and code for fragments
- How to respond to configuration changes
- How to do regular and fragmented dialogs
- How to work with preferences and saving state
- How to work with the compatibility library
- How to handle advanced async tasks and progress dialogs
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Android app developers wanting improved user interfaces and their behavior.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Fragments Fundamentals
Chapter 2: Responding to Configuration Changes
Chapter 3: Working with Dialogs
Chapter 4: Working with Preferences and Saving State
Chapter 5: Using the Compatibility Library for Older Devices
Chapter 6: Advanced A syncTask and Progress Dialogs