Written with health professions students in mind, the Third Edition of Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals offers an engaging, approachable, and comprehensive overview of human anatomy and physiology. The Third Edition features a total of six multifaceted 'Units' which build upon an understanding of basic knowledge, take readers through intermediate subjects, and finally delve into complex topics that stimulate critical thinking.
Heavily revised with updated content throughout, chapters include useful features, such as Common Abbreviations, Medical Terminology, the Metric System and more! Students will want to take advantage of the many resources available to reinforce learning --including Test Your Understanding questions that regularly assess comprehension, flash cards for self-study, an interactive eBook with more than 20 animations, and interactive and printable Lab Exercises and Case Studies.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of human anatomy and physiology
- Presents content in an accessible manner targeted to health professions students
- Offers access to helpful animations and interactive learning tools
- Includes clinical images such as X-rays, CT scans and MRIs
- Covers the effects of aging on various body systems
- Offers robust end of chapter assessments for learners