You'll discover how to create and render game graphics, add interactivity, sound, and animation. You’ll learn how to build your own custom game engine with reusable components so that you can quickly develop games with maximum impact and minimum code. You’ll also learn the secrets of vector math and advanced collision detection techniques, all of which are covered in a friendly and non-technical manner. You'll find detailed working examples, with hundreds of illustrations and thousands of lines of source code that you can freely adapt for your own projects. All the math and programming techniques are elaborately explained and examples are open-ended to encourage you to think of original ways to use these techniques in your own games. You can use what you learn in this book to make games for desktops, mobile phones, tablets or the Web.
What youll learn
- Make game sprites, compose a scene graph, load and manage game assets, and how to use a texture atlas.
- Control the geometry and physics of the game world using vector math, the Separating Axis Theory (SAT), and advanced collision detection strategies.
- Build a custom music and sound effects player for games using the WebAudio API.
- Keyframe animation and how to implement precise control over the frame rate and game loop.
- Learn how to make interactive sprites and buttons for the keyboard, mouse and touch.
- Create and manage game scenes, and learn how to make particle explosions and screen shake effects.
- Manage complexity to build games of any size that scale seamlessly.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
Chapter 2. The Canvas Drawing API
Chapter 3. Working with Game Assets
Chapter 4. Making Sprites and a Scene Graph
Chapter 5. Making Things Move
Chapter 6. Interactivity
Chapter 7. Collision Detection
Chapter 8. Juice It Up: Keyframe Animation and Particles Effects
Chapter 9. Sound with the WebAudio API
Chapter 10. Tweening
Chapter 11. Make Your Own Game Engine
Appendix A: Vectors for Movement and Collision Detection
Book DownloadTry Audible and Get 2 Free Audiobooks »
|Download Link||Format||Size (MB)||Upload Date|
|Direct download (Recommended!)||EPUB, AZW3||16.2||05/09/2019|
|Download from EU(multi)||EPUB, AZW3||8.2||05/09/2015|
|Download from EU(multi)||True PDF||7.9||05/24/2015|
|Download from FilePi||True PDF, EPUB, AZW3||16.1||05/25/2015|
|Download from ZippyShare||True PDF, EPUB, AZW3||16.1||01/07/2016|
|Download from ZippyShare||EPUB, AZW3||8.2||10/01/2016|