Windows Phone 8 Recipes is a problem-solution based guide to the Windows Phone 8 platform. Recipes are grouped according to features of the platform and ways of interacting with the device. Solutions are given in C# and XAML, so you can take your existing .NET skills and apply them to this exciting new venture.
- Not sure how to get started? No need to worry, there’s a recipe for that!
- Always wondered what it takes to add cool features like gesture support, maps integration, or speech recognition into your app? We’ve got it covered!
- Already have a portfolio of Windows Phone 7 apps that needs to be upgraded? We have a recipe for that too!
What you’ll learn
- Set up your development environment with the Windows Phone 8 SDK.
- Upgrade your existing Windows Phone 7 apps to Windows Phone 8.
- Meet and try out the new features provided in the Windows Phone 8 SDK.
- Bring your apps to life with live tiles, notifications, and cloud services.
- Discover the easy steps to setting up your own Windows Phone Store account.
- Learn how to submit your apps for publication to the Windows Phone Store.
Who this book is for
Windows Phone 8 Recipes is for the developer who has a .NET background, is familiar with C# and either WPF or Silverlight, and is ready to tap into a new and exciting market in mobile app development.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Windows Phone SDK
Chapter 2: Multi-Resolution Support and Basic User Interface Components
Chapter 3: Gestures
Chapter 4: Live Tiles and Lock Screen
Chapter 5: Background Agents and Notifications
Chapter 6: Appointments and Contacts
Chapter 7: Camera, Photos, and Media
Chapter 8: Maps, Location, and Routing
Chapter 9: Communications and Speech
Chapter 10: Launching and Resuming Apps
Chapter 11: Data Storage
Chapter 12: Windows Azure Mobile Services
Chapter 13: Using the Microsoft Live SDK
Chapter 14: Publishing your App