System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager Cookbook - Third Edition: Design, configure, and manage an efficient virtual infrastructure with VMM in System Center 2016
Maximize your administration skills effectively and efficiently
- Implement cost-effective virtualization solutions for your organization with actionable recipes
- Explore the concepts of VMM with real-world use cases
- Use the latest features with VMM 2016 such as Cluster OS Rolling Upgrade, Guarded Fabric and Storage Spaces Direct
Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2016 is part of the System Center suite to configure and manage datacenters and offers a unified management experience on-premises and Azure cloud.
This book will be your best companion for day-to-day virtualization needs within your organization, as it takes you through a series of recipes to simplify and plan a highly scalable and available virtual infrastructure. You will learn the deployment tips, techniques, and solutions designed to show users how to improve VMM 2016 in a real-world scenario. The chapters are divided in a way that will allow you to implement the VMM 2016 and additional solutions required to effectively manage and monitor your fabrics and clouds. We will cover the most important new features in VMM 2016 across networking, storage, and compute, including brand new Guarded Fabric, Shielded VMs and Storage Spaces Direct. The recipes in the book provide step-by-step instructions giving you the simplest way to dive into VMM fabric concepts, private cloud, and integration with external solutions such as VMware, Operations Manager, and the Windows Azure Pack.
By the end of this book, you will be armed with the knowledge you require to start designing and implementing virtual infrastructures in VMM 2016.
What you will learn
- Plan and design a VMM architecture for real-world deployment
- Configure fabric resources, including compute, networking, and storage
- Create and manage Storage Spaces Direct clusters in VMM
- Configure Guarded Fabric with Shielded VMs
- Create and deploy virtual machine templates and multi-tier services
- Manage Hyper-V and VMware environments from VMM
- Enhance monitoring and management capabilities
- Upgrade to VMM 2016 from previous versions
Who This Book Is For
If you are a solutions architect, technical consultant, administrator, or any other virtualization enthusiast who needs to use Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager in a real-world environment, then this is the book for you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. VMM 2016 Architecture
Chapter 2. Upgrading from SCVMM 2012 R2
Chapter 3. Installing SCVMM 2016
Chapter 4. Installing a High Available VMM Server
Chapter 5. Configuring Guarded Fabric in VMM
Chapter 6. Configuring Fabric Resources in VMM
Chapter 7. Deploying Virtual Machines and Services
Chapter 8. Managing VMware ESXi
Chapter 9. Managing Hybrid Clouds, Integration with Azure and New Features of VMM 2016
Chapter 10. Managing Clouds, Fabric Updates, Resources, Clusters and new Features of 2016