SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, of course, is the art and science of getting your company to the top of search engines like Google and Bing. Why is SEO so valuable? Simply put, because customers turn first to Google to find new products and services, new companies and consultants! SEO means getting to the top of Google means getting more sales leads! The SEO Fitness Workbook is your hands-on guide to getting to the top of Google. Unlike other boring books written by nerds for nerds, the SEO Fitness Workbook speaks in plain English and presents step-by-step instructions to mastering the game of search engine optimization. The author, Jason McDonald, has instructed thousands of people in his classes in the San Francisco Bay Area, including Stanford Continuing Studies, as well as online. Jason speaks in simple English and uses the metaphor of “The Seven Steps to SEO Fitness” to explain to you how to “get SEO fit.”
Here are the SEVEN STEPS TO SEO FITNESS explained in detail in the workbook:
1) Set the right expectations: define the goals of your website, and assemble a “can do” team at your company to learn SEO and then implement it step-by-step.
2) Identify your keywords: find high volume, high value keywords and make a keyword worksheet.
3) (Re)structure your website: set up your Website to “talk” to Google using tactics such as HTML page tags, link sculpting, and an effective home page.
4) Create content: implement an SEO-friendly content strategy.
5) Go social: build inbound links, cultivate social mentions via networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and create freshness.
7) Never stop learning: access free explanatory videos, worksheets, and tools.
The SEO TOOLBOOK - HUNDREDS of FREE SEO TOOLS - Included! The SEO Fitness Workbook has been used by thousands of students in Jason’s classes, and includes free access to his famous SEO Toolbook, a compilation of hundreds of free tools for search engine optimization. If SEO matters to you, this workbook is your one-stop, step-by-step guide not only to SEO but to the art and science of getting your company to the top of Google, for free, using free tools.
Table of Contents
0 – Introduction
1.1 – Attitude
1.2 – Goals
1.3 – Basics
2.1 – Keywords
2.2 – Keyword Worksheet
3.1 – PageTags
3.2 – Website Structure
3.3 – SEO Audit
4.1 – Content
4.2 – PressReleases
4.3 – Blogging
5.1 – Links
5.2 – SocialMedia
5.3 – Local SEO
6.1 – Metrics
7.0 – Learning