Whether you’re a photographer, scrapbooker, or aspiring graphic artist, Photoshop Elements 12 is an ideal image-editing tool—once you know how to use it. This bestselling book removes the guesswork. With candid, jargon-free advice and step-by-step guidance, you’ll get the most out of Elements for everything from sharing and touching-up photos to fun print and online projects.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get to work right away. Import, organize, edit, crop, and color-correct your photos with ease.
- Retouch any image. Repair and restore old and damaged photos.
- Add pizzazz. Dress up your photos with dozens of filters, layer styles, and special effects.
- Share photos. Create online albums, email-ready slideshows, and web-ready files.
- Use your words. Make greeting cards, calendars, and flyers by adding text to images.
- Unleash your creativity. Design photo books, scrapbooks, collages, and other projects.
- Find your artistic flair. Create digital artwork from scratch, using tools to draw, paint, and blend.
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction to Elements
Chapter 1: Finding Your Way Around Elements
Chapter 2: Importing, Managing, and Saving Photos
Chapter 3: Rotating and Resizing Photos
Part Two: Elemental Elements
Chapter 4: The Quick Fix
Chapter 5: Making Selections
Chapter 6: Layers: The Heart of Elements
Part Three: Retouching
Chapter 7: Basic Image Retouching
Chapter 8: Elements for Digital Photographers
Chapter 9: Retouching: Fine-Tuning Images
Chapter 10: Removing and Adding Color
Chapter 11: Photomerge: Creating Panoramas, Group Shots, and More
Part Four: Artistic Elements
Chapter 12: Drawing with Brushes, Shapes, and Other Tools
Chapter 13: Filters, Actions, Layer Styles, and Gradients
Chapter 14: Text in Elements
Part Five: Sharing Images
Chapter 15: Creating Projects
Chapter 16: Printing Photos
Chapter 17: Email and the Web
Chapter 18: Creating Slideshows
Part Six: Additional Elements
Chapter 19: Beyond the Basics
Part Seven: Appendixes
Appendix A: Installation and Troubleshooting
APPENDIX B: The Organizer, Menu by Menu
APPENDIX C: The Editor, Menu by Menu