Written by a team of expert authors who are MVPs and leaders in their respective fields, this one-of-a-kind book is an essential resource for IT administrators who are responsible for implementing and managing a cloud infrastructure. You’ll quickly learn how cloud computing offers significant cost savings while also providing new levels of speed and agility.
Serving as a how-to guide, Microsoft Private Cloud Computing walks you through building a secure, internal cloud and delivering it as a service to your company using Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012.
- Walks you through the entire process: understanding cloud computing, understanding the Microsoft concept of a private cloud, deploying a private cloud fabric, deploying services, and building a private cloud, as well as integrating it with Microsoft’s public cloud to create a cross-premises or public cloud
- Discusses fabric management with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012
- Examines how to provide network and storage with VMM 2012
- Looks at the VMM library configuration
- Discusses private cloud and cloud service management with Microsoft App Controller
Microsoft Private Cloud Computing is a must-have comprehensive resource that covers all aspects of implementing a private cloud.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
Chapter 1. Understanding Cloud Computing
Chapter 2. The Microsoft Private Cloud
Part 2: Fabric and Service Management
Chapter 3. Introducing the VMM 2012 Architecture
Chapter 4. Setting Up and Deploying VMM 2012
Chapter 5. Understanding the VMM Library
Chapter 6. Understanding Network and Storage in VMM 2012
Chapter 7. Deploying Hosts and Clusters in VMM 2012
Chapter 8. Understanding Service Modeling
Part 3: Private Cloud Solution
Chapter 9. Creating a Private Cloud
Chapter 10. Working in the Cloud
Chapter 11. App Controller and the Public Cloud
Chapter 12. Cloud Services Process Pack