- This book will deliver all that you need to know to pass the 70-595 TS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions by Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 exam or the Microsoft Partner Network BizTalk Technical Competency Assessment for Application Integration (BizTalk Server 2013).
- Features a comprehensive set of test questions and answers that will prepare you for the actual tests.
- The layout and content of the book matches the structure of the exam closely, which maximizes your study time and helps you focus on learning areas where you need improvement.
- This second edition of the book is updated to target both BizTalk Server 2010 and BizTalk Server
Microsoft BizTalk Server is an integration and connectivity server solution that enables organizations to easily connect disparate systems.
Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions by Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) is the certification exam for professionals who need to integrate multiple disparate systems, applications, and data, as well as automate business processes using BizTalk Server. The Microsoft Partner Network BizTalk Technical Competency Assessment for Application Integration is part of the requirements for individuals employed at partners seeking the Silver or Gold Application Integration competency.
Microsoft BizTalk Server (70-595) Certification and Assessment Guide: Second Edition will show you how to prepare for and pass the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) exam and become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010. This book will also help you if you are a Microsoft partner wanting to achieve the Silver or Gold Application Integration competency requirements.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the core architecture of BizTalk, including publish/subscribe, context and content-based routing, receive and send ports, and other administrative artifacts
- Create rich and useful schemas with restrictions and reusable types
- Create maps and apply logic such as conditional mapping, looping, scripting and external assemblies, and other map and functoid logic
- Create orchestrations and work with messages, scopes, transactions, binding, correlation, and other shapes and processing logic
- Handle exceptions in messaging and orchestration scenarios and recover from them using catch, compensation, and failed message routing
- Perform administrative tasks such as installing, configuring, tuning, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting BizTalk Server 2010 groups and solutions
- Work with web services and WCF, expose and consume services, and apply custom configurations and behaviours
- Use the additional features in BizTalk, such as Business Rules Engine (BRE), EDI, RFID, and Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Create and run BizTalk Server virtual machines in the Windows Azure infrastructure as a service environment
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Configuring a Messaging Architecture
Chapter 2: Developing BizTalk Artifacts – Creating Schemas and Pipelines
Chapter 3: Developing BizTalk Artifacts – Creating Maps
Chapter 4: Developing BizTalk Artifacts – Creating Orchestrations
Chapter 5: Testing, Debugging, and Exception Handling
Chapter 6: Deploying, Tracking, and Administrating a BizTalk Server 2010 Solution
Chapter 7: Integrating Web Services and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Services
Chapter 8: Implementing Extended Capabilities
Chapter 9: Using Azure BizTalk Features
Chapter 10: Test-taking – Tips and Tricks
Appendix A: Sample Certification Test Questions
Appendix B: Sample Certification Test Questions – Answers
Appendix C: Testing Your Knowledge – Answers