- Deep dive into the Microsoft Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) solution
- Design, implement and manage simple and complex hybrid identity and access management environments
- Learn to apply solution architectures directly to your business needs and understand how to identify and manage business drivers during transitions
Microsoft Azure and its Identity and Access Management is at the heart of Microsoft’s Software as a Service, including Office 365, Dynamics CRM, and Enterprise Mobility Management. It is an essential tool to master in order to effectively work with the Microsoft Cloud. Through practical, project based learning this book will impart that mastery.
Beginning with the basics of features and licenses, this book quickly moves on to the user and group lifecycle required to design roles and administrative units for role-based access control (RBAC). Learn to design Azure AD to be an identity provider and provide flexible and secure access to SaaS applications. Get to grips with how to configure and manage users, groups, roles, and administrative units to provide a user- and group-based application and self-service access including the audit functionality.
Next find out how to take advantage of managing common identities with the Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 and build cloud identities with the Azure AD Connect utility. Construct blueprints with different authentication scenarios including multi-factor authentication. Discover how to configure and manage the identity synchronization and federation environment along with multi -factor authentication, conditional access, and information protection scenarios to apply the required security functionality.
Finally, get recommendations for planning and implementing a future-oriented and sustainable identity and access management strategy.
What you will learn
- Apply technical descriptions and solution architectures directly to your business needs and deployments
- Identify and manage business drivers and architecture changes to transition between different scenarios
- Understand and configure all relevant Identity and Access Management key features and concepts
- Implement simple and complex directory integration, authentication, and authorization scenarios
- Get to know about modern identity management, authentication, and authorization protocols and standards
- Implement and configure a modern information protection solution
- Integrate and configure future improvements in authentication and authorization functionality of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started with a Cloud-Only Scenario
Chapter 2. Planning and Designing Cloud Identities
Chapter 3. Planning and Designing Authentication and Application Access
Chapter 4. Building and Configuring a Suitable Azure AD
Chapter 5. Shifting to a Hybrid Scenario
Chapter 6. Extending to a Basic Hybrid Environment
Chapter 7. Designing Hybrid Identity Management Architecture
Chapter 8. Planning Authorization and Information Protection Options
Chapter 9. Building Cloud from Common Identities
Chapter 10. Implementing Access Control Mechanisms
Chapter 11. Managing Transition Scenarios with Special Scenarios
Chapter 12. Advanced Considerations for Complex Scenarios
Chapter 13. Delivering Multi-Forest Hybrid Architectures
Chapter 14. Installing and Configuring the Enhanced Identity Infrastructure
Chapter 15. Installing and Configuring Information Protection Features
Chapter 16. Choosing the Right Technology, Methods, and Future Trends