Embracing the cloud―a Serverless architecture to solve problems at scale
About This Book
- Learn to develop, manage, deploy, and monitor Azure functions in any language.
- Make the most out of Azure functions to build scalable systems.
- A step-by-step guide that will help you eliminate the pain points of implementing a serverless architecture.
Who This Book Is For
This book aims at IT architects and developers who want to build scalable systems and deploy serverless applications with Azure functions. No prior knowledge of Azure functions is necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the folder structure of a function and the purposes of the files
- Deploy a function and test it
- Explore the common triggers that are used to activate a function
- Discover how bindings can be used to output the results of a function
- Build a dll that has functionality that can be leveraged by a function
- Chain functions to allow the invocation of one function from another
- Understand how to monitor the health of your functions
Functions help you easily run small pieces of code in cloud with Azure functions without worrying about a whole application or the infrastructure to run it. With Azure functions, you can use triggers to execute your code and bindings to simplify the input and output of your code.
This book will start with the basics of Azure Functions. You will learn the steps to set up the environment and the tools that we will be using in the further chapters. Once you have a better understanding of this, we will be creating our
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introducing Microsoft Azure Services And Functions
Chapter 2. First Function App - Anatomy And Structure Of A Function App
Chapter 3. Application Of Triggers
Chapter 4. Bindings
Chapter 5. Webhooks For Azure Functions
Chapter 6. The Real World - Functions To Build Consumable Apis
Chapter 7. Managing And Deploying Your Code
Chapter 8. Business Considerations
Chapter 9. Working With Different Languages